How to conquer fear
The person asked to give a short talk at a wedding reception
The business man having to pitch their business to a funder
The budding entrepreneur who wants to launch an idea
The young person who is struggling to find and choose a career
All of them, just like us, come face to face with…….fear.
Fear can distort truth, shipwreck dreams; short circuit action and devastate growth. So what can we do? How can we conquer fear?
Here are 10 tips for not feeding fear, but feeding hope and confidence. (With thanks to a pin on Pinterest)
- Do something. Anything
Fear feeds on inaction.
- Make a decision. Let go of the belief that you can’t make a choice until you are certain of the outcome.
Fear feeds on indecision.
- Imagine the very worst thing that could happen, and decide what you would do if it did happen.
Fear feeds on the unknown.
- Imagine the very best thing that could happen, and how you would feel if it did happen.
Fear feeds on feelings of unworthiness
- Say “anything is possible”, instead of “this is not possible”
Fear feeds on feelings of impossibility.
- Say “I can” and “why not” instead of “ I cannot”
Fear feeds on negativity
- Look for truth instead of hiding from facts.
Fear feeds on lies.
- Take in air instead of holding your breath.
Fear feeds on suffocation.
- Embrace mistakes instead of pretending that you won’t make any.
Fear feeds on protectionism
- Take one step today instead of waiting to run a marathon tomorrow.
Fear feeds on waiting for the right time.
I trust your view of this week and your perspective of any opportunity or challenge may be clearer and stronger, as you feed hope and confidence.