Motivation when you are “running on empty”
One of the most difficult things to consistently do is to keep your motivational levels high, particularly when the challenge seems to be unending.
Over the next 2 weeks, I thought it may be helpful to share 20 quotes on staying motivated in the long run.
Here are the first 10.
1. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy. Dale Carnegie
2. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King Jr.
3. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
4. Keep on going and chances are you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I have never heard of anyone stumbling on something sitting down. Charles F. Kettering
5. I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying. Tom Hopkins
6. The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Unknown
7. It’s better to be in the arena, getting stomped by the bull, than to be up in the stands or out in the parking lot. Steven Pressfield
8. I am not a product of circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
9. May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. Nelson Mandela
10. Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired. Robert Strauss.
I particularly enjoy quote number 8……..you are a product of your decisions.
May these decisions make you more resilient and more opportunity seeing!